- Happy Dyslexic
- Diagnosis and prescription
- Understanding dyslexia
- Testing for dyslexia
- Ways forward to overcome dyslexia
- Famous people with dyslexia
Software program ReadOn
It’s a comprehensive learning tool (software program), designed to assist people of all ages or reading level to overcome reading problems associated with dyslexia.
Age: There are experience with children as young as 7 using the software. The starting age depends on the comfort level of both child and parent/teacher in working with computer software.
- Increases willingness to read;
- Improves reading ability;
- Boost self-esteem;
- Helps to build the whole word visual recognition skills;
- Helps by the comprehension of words and text;
- Helps to focus on the current word, phrase or paragraph, rather than being distracted by all the other text on the page;
- Allows the student to experience reading with a minimal of supervision and support;
- Helps teachers to strengthen the reading skills of all young learners (including dyslexic students) in a computer lab environment;
- Useful to parents who want an interactive learning tool to improve and monitor their child’s reading skills;
- Useful to follow-up individual progress;
- Easy to customize each student’s needs.
- Is configurable, and a multi-user software program;
- Can be customized to suit any reading or interest level, by entering text that is appropriate for the individual user;
- Can be customized, and those settings can be saved for later use;
- Personalized settings and individual progress are recorded on an ongoing basis;
- Word, phrase and paragraph are highlighted to remove any distraction from the surrounding text while reading;
- Can be customized to read words, phrases or paragraphs out loud;
- Each letter of a word is named and highlighted, before the whole word is read;
- Voice pitch, speed and volume can all be adjusted.